Monday, January 25, 2010

Wednesday, July 9, 2008.

I recently re-viewed To Hell with Babe Ruth, episode #25. It was even worse than when I originally watched it many years ago. Can you think of a single Five-O episode where some Caucasian actor is playing an Asian character and does so successfully? If Five-O had featured a white actor playing someone in blackface (like Al Jolson), people would have been appalled -- and I'm talking about in the late 60's or 70's, unlike now with all this political correctness B.S. (I doubt if anyone could make a case, as some have with Jolson vis-à-vis black people, that these Caucasians portraying Asians were doing so to help break down racial attitudes.) Not only is the performance by the two lead actors in this episode awkward because we know they are really white, but their acting is just plain bad. Check out my rant at the above link.

No comments:

Post a Comment