Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, July 28, 2008.

There is a comment that the broadcast dates on my "log" pages do not match what is on the DVD covers in some cases. The broadcast dates were taken from Karen Rhodes' Booking Five-O, which, as far as I recall, were further taken from lists circulated by the Iolani Palace Irregulars, which date back many years. FOLLOWUP: Karen Rhodes replied to my query about this issue: "I checked dates -- as I state in the preface of my book -- in the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and my local paper, the Florida Times-Union. They all coincided except for a time or two when the show was pre-empted in Jacksonville (where I was living, and where the Times-Union is published). ... It is possible that newspaper airing schedules were already printed (newspapers get these things canned from whatever source) and then the program was pre-empted, so it is entirely possible that the dates I got out of the newspaper were not the ACTUAL date that an episode aired. Well, that's life, and I cannot do anything about other people's local variations."

No comments:

Post a Comment